The Welsh Government are supporting The Reading Agency to deliver Reading Well in all 22 library authorities in Wales.
Reading Well for children will be the third Reading Well scheme to be delivered in Wales following on from Reading Well for dementia in 2018 and Reading Well for mental health in 2019.
Download the user leaflets in both English and Welsh from our resources bank.
Reading Well Books on Prescription for children provides helpful reading to support children’s mental health and wellbeing. The books provide quality-assured information, stories and advice. Books have been chosen and recommended by leading health professionals and co-produced with children and families
Reading Well for mental health provides helpful information and support for managing common mental health conditions, or dealing with difficult feelings and experiences. Some books also include personal stories from people who are living with or caring for someone with mental health needs.
The books provide information and advice for people living with dementia, support for living well, advice for relatives and carers, as well as fiction, memoir and photographic books used in reminiscence therapy. They are endorsed by health professionals and can all be found in the local library.
We are working with the Books Council of Wales to make titles on the lists available in Welsh language for the first time. For information about the titles available visit our dementia and mental health booklist pages.
As well as this, the user leaflets have been adapted with Welsh signposting and made available in the Welsh language. You can browse our bilingual material in our resources bank.
- Sign up to our Reading Well newsletter for health professionals and librarians for regular updates
- Find out more about the titles on the Reading Well Books on Prescription booklists that are available in Wales: dementia and mental health
- Libraries delivering Reading Well in Wales can download the delivery model
- Health professionals can download prescriber guidelines
- Get in touch with any questions about Reading Well in Wales