The Sheldon Short Guide to Phobias and Panic
Sheldon Short Guides let you grasp the essentials in less than an hour. Many people struggle with phobias. Common fears may range from crowded places to a fear of spiders or blood, but, the basic underlying mechanism is the same – acute anxiety. This book looks at how to tackle both specific phobias and the anxiety which causes such fear, and covers obsessive-compulsive disorder, social phobia, generalized anxiety state, and panic disorder with agoraphobia.
Borrow a copy of this book or download the ebook free of charge via your local library.
Self-help books to support mental health
- An Introduction to Coping with Depression, 2nd Edition
- Overcoming Anxiety, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Living Life to the Full: Key life skills to change your life
- Overcoming Depression 3rd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Mind Over Mood, Second Edition: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think