The Sheldon Short Guide to Phobias and Panic
Sheldon Short Guides let you grasp the essentials in less than an hour. Many people struggle with phobias. Common fears may range from crowded places to a fear of spiders or blood, but, the basic underlying mechanism is the same – acute anxiety. This book looks at how to tackle both specific phobias and the anxiety which causes such fear, and covers obsessive-compulsive disorder, social phobia, generalized anxiety state, and panic disorder with agoraphobia.
Borrow a copy of this book or download the ebook free of charge via your local library.
Self-help books to support mental health
- Overcoming Worry and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- An Introduction to Coping with Depression, 2nd Edition
- The CBT Handbook: A comprehensive guide to using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to overcome depression, anxiety and anger
- Overcoming Health Anxiety: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Overcoming Panic, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques