Overcoming Health Anxiety: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
Many of us have a tendency to worry about our health. For some the anxiety becomes a problem, and they may spend many hours checking for symptoms, seeking reassurance from others, surfing the internet for information about different diseases, or repeatedly visiting the doctor. Using a structured, step-by-step approach the authors explain how the problem develops, how to recognize what feeds it and how to develop effective methods of dealing with it.
Borrow a copy of this book or download the ebook free of charge via your local library.
Self-help books to support mental health
- Overcoming Panic, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- The CBT Handbook: A comprehensive guide to using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to overcome depression, anxiety and anger
- Overcoming Anxiety, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Manage Your Mood: How to Use Behavioural Activation Techniques to Overcome Depression
- Mind Over Mood, Second Edition: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think