The Essential Guide to Life After Bereavement: Beyond Tomorrow
This book acts as a supportive map through the initial period of loss, and through the weeks and months that follow. The authors address the emotional aspects of bereavement, but also important and often overlooked practical considerations such as dealing with wills and other paperwork, personal possessions, making arrangements for funerals and memorial services, coping with the anniversaries of a death and resolving family conflict. Drawing on many real examples, they offer compassionate, realistic advice on dealing with guilt and other negative emotions, as well as helpful guidance on how and when to break the news of a death to others, including to children, people with learning disabilities and people with dementia.
Borrow a copy of this book or download the ebook free of charge via your local library.
Common feelings and experiences
- Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving
- Overcoming Low Self-Esteem, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- An Introduction to Coping with Grief, 2nd Edition
- The Sleep Book: How to Sleep Well Every Night