Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving
In Grief Works we hear stories from those who have experienced great love and great loss – and survived. Stories that explain how grief unmasks our greatest fears, strips away our layers of protection and reveals our innermost selves. Julia Samuel, a grief psychotherapist, has spent twenty-five years working with the bereaved and understanding the full repercussions of loss. This deeply affecting book is full of psychological insights on how grief, if approached correctly, can heal us. Through elegant, moving stories, we learn how we can stop feeling awkward and uncertain about death, and not shy away from talking honestly with family and friends. This extraordinary book shows us how to live and learn from great loss.
Borrow a copy of this book or download the ebook free of charge via your local library.
Common feelings and experiences
- Overcoming Low Self-Esteem, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- The Sleep Book: How to Sleep Well Every Night
- An Introduction to Coping with Grief, 2nd Edition
- Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Overcoming Anger and Irritability, 2nd Edition: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques