The Compassionate Mind Approach To Postnatal Depression: Using Compassion Focused Therapy to Enhance Mood, Confidence and Bonding
Having a baby can be a time of joy but also one of anxiety and even depression for new mothers. It is very common for new mothers to experience a short period of distress following childbirth and for more than 1 in 10 women, this distressing experience can be more prolonged. This practical self-help book based on Compassion Focused Therapy will help you to recognise some of the symptoms and, where appropriate, to normalise them, thereby alleviating their distress. It will also guide mothers-to-be and new mothers through the maze of confusing feelings that can arise.
Borrow a copy of this book free of charge via your local library.
Other common conditions
- Overcoming Binge Eating, Second Edition: The Proven Program to Learn Why You Binge and How You Can Stop
- Body Image Problems and Body Dysmorphic Disorder: The Definitive Treatment and Recovery Approach
- Defeating Depression: How to use the people in your life to open the door to recovery
- Getting Better Bite by Bite: A Survival Kit for Sufferers of Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorders
- Overcoming Mood Swings: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques