Defeating Depression: How to use the people in your life to open the door to recovery
This ground-breaking self-help book is based on Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), a therapeutic approach adopted by the NHS. IPT focuses on the interactions between people to identify and improve how they are feeling and behaving in their relationships. By improving relationships where there may be tension, either exacerbated by depression, or perhaps even causing it, we can alleviate the symptoms and address the underlying causes of depression. This guide uses practical exercises and techniques with personal stories from people living with depression.
Borrow a copy of this book or download the ebook free of charge via your local library.
Other common conditions
- The Compassionate Mind Approach To Postnatal Depression: Using Compassion Focused Therapy to Enhance Mood, Confidence and Bonding
- Overcoming Binge Eating, Second Edition: The Proven Program to Learn Why You Binge and How You Can Stop
- Getting Better Bite by Bite: A Survival Kit for Sufferers of Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating Disorders
- Overcoming Mood Swings: A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
- Body Image Problems and Body Dysmorphic Disorder: The Definitive Treatment and Recovery Approach